Welcome to the Cokato Museum & Gust Akerlund Studio
The Museum will be closed Thursday, November 23, for Thanksgiving.
The Cokato Museum is an award-winning local history museum that focuses on the history of the city of Cokato and the surrounding townships in southwestern Wright County. Located at the corner of 4th Street West and Millard Avenue South in downtown Cokato, the museum is open the following hours:
The museum is supported in its mission by the Cokato Historical Society. The society welcomes all current and former Cokato residents to join in helping the museum in its activities.
- Tuesday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 8:30 a.m to 3:00 p.m.
- Closed major holidays; see our News & Upcoming Events section for holiday-related or other closings.
- Admission: No admission fee; donations greatly appreciated!
- Tours are available by appointment, including evenings and weekends.
Click on one of the categories below for more information about museum activities.
Want more information about the museum or studio? Have comments on our web site? Need some genealogical research done? Feel free to contact us at:
All parts of this site are the copyrighted property of the Cokato Museum & Cokato Historical Society (©1997-2016). No portions of this site may be used for commercial purposes without the written consent of an authorized official of the Cokato Museum.